Monday, February 9, 2009

Give Gap a Chance

Today at lunch I popped by the Gap--I always like to check out to see if there are any great basics I can pick up...I usually can find one or two items I really like.

First, Hip Slung pants in Navy Linen/Cotton
These are are a nice low rise khaki/trouser in a hefty linen cotton. To me, they would be equally great with flip flops and a tank as they would with flats and a cardigan for work. I love the feel of the fabric--has give but not too thin. Great flare at the hem. These are $54.50 and you can find them here. I sized right at my regular size, a 10...and FYI they come in lengths, Ankle (Short ??), Regular, and Long.




I noticed this top as having a sort of JCrew inspired look. It had a ruffle scoopneck and was cut a bit long in the body, which I like. Made of cotton/silk blend, they had a slate grey shown here as well as a bright pink. I liked the shape of this, but felt it was pretty summery being so lightweight, so might wait for a promotion. This top is $48. It is shown here, and looks like there is a navy version online. I picked up a Medium in this top, so as a sz 8 it was pretty true to size.



They also had a great slate grey stretch cotton pencil skirt that was just $44...I didn't get a photo but I have my eye on this one as well. Looks like this is online too, here.

Overall nothing that knocked my socks off, but always looking for good basics that don't break the bank!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I just discovered your blog and love it! and I just saw your 'new hair post' and I love all the pictures you posted for ideas, I would definitely go for it. I am a huge fan of Mad Men and every single time Betty would come on screen I couldn't help but fall in love with her Grace Kelly-like hair style. It would look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pictures- I LOVE to mix my J.Crew w/ Gap too! Keep on postin'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute top. Gap has a promo now, 20% off $100. The code can be used two times: one for you & one for a friend. Did you get one in your email?

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs