Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New JCrew Arrivals

My partner in crime, Ms. Mer, and I visited the downtown SF JCrew on Friday evening last week in order to celebrate the conclusion of a long and challenging project we had been working on (YAY!). And yes, this is how we celebrate--we started with champagne of course!

Honestly, none of the new arrivals moved me. Even with my red card, I didn't see anything worth bringing home except for a fun Fedora (more on that later) and another Boyfriend Tee (are these the best shirts ever?).

Here's a brief rundown of what I saw and thoughts. No pics because there was nothing I loved that wasn't covered:

Georgia Cardigan: Sadly Limp. Looked like it would hang and snag :(
Soft Tee Cardigan: Too thin for me, wouldn't hold shape enough.
Tuxedo-front Cami: Wasn't for me, I have so many like this and didn't love this one.
Classic Ruffle Cotton Tunic: Will go on sale. Thin fabric, could find something similar elsewhere.
Poplin Cargo Jacket: Another one that fits huge, and with the hood, I feel like it would be harder to wear as an "outfit" piece, more of a jacket but hard to wear. I prefer the boyfriend military jacket.
Harbor Capri: Intriguing but I don't love the flap pockets on the back or the cuffs. The 8 (which I wear in the cocktail capri) as a bit tight so I would need to try the 10.
Monterey skirt: Saw the bistro orange and it was so "distressed" it looked like a skirt I had as a kid that was up in the attic for years. I was very confused by this one.

Sorry to sound so negative, readers! Just as well to know what you do and don't like. One thing I did like was the new color of the Bow Skirt, Bronzed Twig (I think). The other colors of the skirt are very bright, and with the bow they are just a bit too whimsical for me. The more muted color with the bow is a bit better balance, I think. What do you think?



I didn't buy this, but I like seeing this color in person, I may look into the double serge pencil skirt in the same color.

What do you think of the new arrivals? Any favorites? Comments? What do you think of Bronzed Twig?

3 comments:

  1. I have the Charmeuse Pencil Skirt in Brozed Twig and am in love with the color! I saw the Bow Skirt in the same color and wasn't as impressed.. I think it is the silk that brings out the color, in my opinion.

    I like printed pencil skirts. They hide everything I don't like and add such a pop to my boring tops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apprecite your honest comments. I don't have a store nearby and it is nice to hear your take negative or positive. Thanks again for the post. I never got a garland cami and that is the only thing I want. I haven't bought anything the entire months of March or April. Been on a JCrew shopping ban and I have been successful. Two more days...but I think the garland will go on sale and I don't know what size to get a 6 or an 8...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt looks great on you! I think online they have it without the bow. xo Cari http://isnotfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs