Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Gap Inc adds Athleta to the Family



I had heard recently that Athleta was recently acquired by the Gap, and then today I received this email that Athleta is now a part of the Gap family. This means that you can now shop Athleta as part of the integrated Gap shopping bag, which I love--everything can be paid for and shipped together--Banana Republic, Gap, Piperlime (sort of) and Old Navy. Check out the new Athleta tab here.

I have received the Athleta catalog (pre-Gap) for a couple of years and have always been intrigued by their merchandise. I would describe it as a little more earth-crunchy version of a Lululemon or Lucy--maybe its a sprinkling of Patagonia in there mixed with some "girl power".

I am particularly interested in their bathing suits, which look well made, sturdy, and are even offered in D-Cup versions. Looks like the suits are easy to browse.

Have you ever tried Athleta? Are you glad to see Gap expanding into the Activewear/Swimwear market? Will you use the combination with Gap as an advantage to try this new stuff?

10 comments:

  1. I saw that yesterday and added it to a post I have for tomorrow. I am not familiar w/Athleta, but the items are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting to try Athleta -- I just want some good coupons/promotions/shipping discounts to let me take advantage of it. The Honey Dress and Sunset Dress have been in my cart for ages! But then, I'm a Patagonia wannabe at heart, so no surprise that Athleta would appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have ordered items from them in the past couple of years and have been VERY happy with the merchandise. I own two of their swimsuits and love them. They are well made, sturdy and cute. I always get the most compliments when I wear them. I'm only hoping that now that they are under different ownership that their quality doesn't lapse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, have ordered from them and have been very satisfied. The quality is really great and the styles are wonderful. They never used to have coupons but that might be different now that they are owned by the Gap. I've purchased Gap athletic wear as well, and would recommend Athleta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this the other day, too! I've been receiving their catalogs for years but have never purchased anything from them. They have some really cute stuff - I too am a Patagonia nut :) I'll have to try them out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with the others...have gotten the catalogs for years but have never bought anything. I've heard GREAT things about their swimwear though.

    And am I wrong, or did they used to have specially made pieces by name brands like Patagonia, Prana, Columbia, etc? Or am I thinking of another company?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wondered why I got an e-mail from them this morning when I never gotten one in the past. I deleted without reading. Good to know; I've been interested in their swim wear for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have only ordered one bikini from them and it's great! Although I don't have much use for a bathing suit too often, it is a great fit for an hourglass shape.. I've had a hard time finding two pieces that hold everything in but Athena is great.. Plus it's reversible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have ordered from Athleta for six years or so. The quality of their fabrics is VERY good. I have at least six pairs of the sueded tactel pants (full length, cropped, and shorts). They are incredibly soft and comfortable. A drawback for me, however, is that a lot of the tops tend to be short. I am 5'9 1/2" and size small is often too short for me while size medium is too big. I have never had any ordering or customer service problems, which is a huge plus.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ATHLETA is a great line--and you are totally right on about the bathing suits being made very very well.
    I buy some of their golf, yoga, tennis, and swim items--and I've always been pleased with the quality.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs