Thursday, December 17, 2009

Shop Visit: Timeless Treasures, San Francisco


I was cruising through my iPhone pictures and I realized that I never blogged about one of my last shop visits from the Bay Area, Timeless Treasures in San Francisco.

I had wanted to visit this shop ever since I saw it mentioned on another blog for its famous collection of vintage letters from around the US. Timeless Treasures searches the country for old signage and marquees to collect letters that you can then buy individually or as a word from their shop. Naturally, this was a mecca for me that I had to visit!

Here is the collection of a la carte letters, sorted by alphabet. I found letters from movie marquees in Chicago, farm signs in Omaha, New York deli letters--you get the idea, it was like a fun scavenger hunt!

The shop also displays letters in phrases and vignettes around the store...(please note: the below picture does not reflect support for the NY Yankees in any way)

They also have beautiful vintage items such as pottery, stationery, jewelry, and home goods...

Here is a view of the beautiful shop!


I love this shop! I bought an initial for both me and Hubs, and hung them over our nightstands on either side of the bed. His is from a movie marquee (a manly solid black classic letter) and mine is from a gas station sign (a bright and bold red letter for me!).

Visit Timeless Treasures at 2176 Sutter St, San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs