Friday, August 12, 2011

New JCrew: Couple of Factory Items

In celebration of the approaching weekend, I wanted to talk about a few Factory items I had in my last order as well.

Factory Imperial Tee:
Sorry for the faceless photos but my eyes were closed:) Sizing on this is pretty true. I ordered the Large as that is my "go-to" top size for now. The VNeck is good for me, although I almost feel like it could be a little deeper, sometimes when Vs are not deep enough the body of the shirt can ride up a bit. Length is good too, not skimpy. The Feel on this is nice too--the Slub cotton, not tissue, so it holds its shape well and a bit less sheer than it could be. For price, I got this on promo plus 20% off so it was a pretty good deal. I really try to not buy graphic tees these days since they fall apart and the crewneck is not right on me, but a Vneck with a single color design should work with a lot in my closet.

I think the printing looks a little more faded in photos than it does in person.


Not pictured: Factory HipSlung Cords
I noticed that they added these cords a little while ago. I really like the HipSlung denim fit for a basic jean silhouette, so I tried the cords. I ordered the dark charcoal in my current jean size, and they fit snugly well. I know they will stretch out so that is perfect for me. I think one thing to note is these do not have stretch spandex in them, so they will relax more like a jean rather than spring back to shape like the current bootcut and toothpick styles (the matchsticks are the same non stretchy blend). So I think these will be a little less polished, but more of a casual pant. The length was standard on these, good for flats for me but wouldn't really work for heels.

Hope this is helpful! Have a great weekend all!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I just ordered the same tee, and can't wait to get it. It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the v on the retail version was lower. This one looks low enough, but still modest. It's good :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs