Monday, November 23, 2009

New Favorite Thing: Dash and Albert Rugs

Well, readers, I think at last these are the end of the "home" posts! Hubs and I finally have a table to eat and blog on, and with it I went searching for a simple rug to add color to the kitchen. Why are most (cheap) rugs so ugly? I just wanted some simple vibrant colors in a non-garish design....and apparently that was a tall order, sheesh.

Then I came upon Dash & Albert's line of woven cotton rugs. There are a million different color and pattern options, many sizes, all in do-able prices. Huzzah! You can see their website here.

I selected the Montana Stripe, 4x6 for under our table. I wanted something that wouldn't show any stains and match the deeper colors we have in our apartment, along with the darker BJURSTA table we selected at Ikea (now $149 and expands with built in leaf!). Here is the result:


The rug also came super fast with ground shipping. Was great to finally have things tied together!

What do you think? Happy Thanksgiving Week!

7 comments:

  1. love the new rug! gives that area a pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I have been meaning to get a new stair runner from them but haven't done it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your dining area is in a little nook with those beautiful windows! I've been looking for some inspiration for my new dining area, and that IKEA table and rug might just be the thing! Great job! :) Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its perfect with the dark wood round table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful place for that table and rug! I agree, finding a nice looking rug that doesn't break the bank is HARD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!

    Saw your comment on my blog about the navy Jayne dress...

    Can you e-mail me at dinagideon AT aim DOT com? It's been a little while since I bought it, so I need to check and see what I purchased it for, and see what it is going for at J. Crew, but I will go a little lower because I wore it once already!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I found your blog while googling the Ikea Bjursta round table. Do you like how it has held up? I am considering buying it but having problems finding any reviews online or anyone that had one.

    Thanks!!
    Kelly
    mrsintrainingblog@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs