Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year...

Hello all, once again its been far too long.

So sorry for my absence, I haven't had much new to tell but I have been thinking a lot about the changing of 2009 to 2010.

I started 2009 working with one (fabulous) coworker in one little room in San Francisco with a parrot nearby that ate fried chicken and made more noise than an elephant. I ran a 5k (slowly). I cut off 9 inches of hair that hadn't changed in 20 years. I planned a move to a city I had always wanted to try 3000 miles away. I entered a lottery for a half marathon when I had only ever run for 40 minutes. I GOT IN the lottery, much to my surprise. I started this blog. I quit and winded down my job of three years that had been a part of me. I started running up to 10 miles (!) I packed up our California life. I moved east and right away started to see the great things that can happen from being in a place you are excited about closer to your family. I let go of a lot of the stress that used to bog me down daily. I saw a game from teh Green Monster at Fenway. I celebrated six wonderful years of marriage with Hubs. I met my best friends back in California and ran a half marathon. I met new people in Boston. I realized a third floor walkup has a lot of stairs. I job searched. I walked my new city. I checked the scale and realized I was lower than I could remember. I found my family a short car ride away for holidays which was a true joy. I rang in the New Year with my college roommate to end 2009 and begin 2010. What a year, so many changes!

As we begin a new year, I am not so much making resolutions as I am committing to keep trying to live happily and simply. I have loved this blog and the friends and community I have found in this "blog neighborhood" and I am going to devote more time to it! Thank you for sticking around and I promise to keep working on it!

On we go...

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! You really had a year full a accomplishment and change in 2009. I hope 2010 is just as exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (belated) New Year! I hope 2010 is full of fun-filled adventures for you in your new hometown and on the east coast. And, um, I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing you in July! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs